What is the Government Gateway?
The Government Gateway is a website that you can use to register for online access to Government services. You can make transactions with various online Government services using the same user account,
We use the Government Gateway to authenticate our users - it's an extra level of security that helps us make sure your data us completely secure.
How do I start using this website?
If you're completely new to the self service website, you must do two things before you can start to use it.
1 - Register for the Government Gateway. Most organisations will already be registered, and if you use Electronic VAT Returns, Employer Direct Online and PAYE Online for Employers, you will already be registered with the Gateway.
If you're an employer and want to add an employee as a user of the self service website, they will need to register for the Government Gateway too.
2 - Once registered, you can see all the services available to enrol with. You'll need to find the Child Maintenance Service' and enrol with it, then you're free to use the site.
For more information you can visit the Government Gateway Website
What can I do on the self service website?
With the self service website, all the information you need to manage and process DEOs and DERs is in one place. You can use it to do the following things:
- view the amounts you are due to deduct for specific employees
- complete an online schedule that details your actual deductions and the total payment - we recommend this for smaller companies with up to 10 DEOs
- upload a report produced by your payroll software
- view schedules and payments that you have made previously
- send and receive secure messages between your company and us
- keep a record all communications between your company and us
- tell us about changes in your company's addresses and contact details